Holiday Food Drive
The Council of Social Concern located at 2 Merrimac Street in Woburn will be hosting its Holiday Food Drive.This food drive will help benefit families in need be able to celebrate the holidays. This year's goal is to fill 20 baskets with food and beverages for the Food Pantry. You may choose to donate food to the pantry directly by giving them a few items or you may opt to create your own Holiday basket with necessary items, please see below for what items are necessary for the basket. You also have the option to contribute a few of your items to WREN (Woburn Residents' Environmental Network) group basket. Rodney Flynn is the Treasurer of the organization and he has offered to pick up any donations someone may have.
If you would like to contribute certain items, here is a list of items that the Food Pantry is looking for:
- Fruit Juices (apple, cranberry, or grape)
- Large boxes of instant mashed potatoes
- Stuffing mixes
- Rice and rice preparation mixes
- Cans of: green beans, peas, corn, yams, fruit, cranberry sauce, or chicken broth
- Jars of: turkey or chicken gravy
- Bread, cake, and brownie mixes
- Packages of Jell-O and pudding
- Cookies, nuts, and crackers
- Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- $10 or $20 gift cards to the local market (please pack gift cards separately)
If you would like ot create your own basket, please contact Karen Colatrella at email@example.com or by calling 781-935-6495. She will provide you with more details about what items are needed for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Food Baskets.