Youth Shoveling Snow for YES Hours
We at SCI Woburn, in partnership with the Woburn Senior Center, have become aware that there are some seniors in our community who are in need of serious shoveling assistance. There are some serious safety issues involved-- e.g. one elderly woman living alone is struggling to keep her gas vent clear. Therefore, SCI is matching youth volunteers with seniors in the community who desperately need snow removal.
- Only go in pairs or groups to help shovel.
- Children under 16 should be accompanied by a parent
- Stay outside the home
- Let us know when volunteers plan to go, and confirm when it is complete (a quick photo of the completed area would be great!).
- Make sure their parents know where they are going!
- Please check any heating and/or dryer vents to be sure they are clear of snow, and thus preventing dangerous fumes from getting into the home.