SCI Woburn Project Coordinator
A short-term, part-time position
Founded in 2002, SCI’s mission is to strengthen communities by connecting diverse individuals and organizations through civic engagement initiatives. We are seeking a part-time Project Coordinator to support several SCI Woburn programs and events over the coming months. This is a temporary position through the end of June 2019. Below is a summary of the events the Project Coordinator will support. In each case, she or he will work closely with SCI staff members who will provide guidance on the projects.
- Coordinate the WorldFest multicultural festival committee, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas and following-up with committee members.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for WorldFest vendors and performers. Manage list of confirmed and pending participants.
- Work with staff and committee to implement day of logistics plans. Need to be available for the day of the event -- Sunday, May 19.
Cultural Connections Project
- Provide logistics support for the Cultural Connections Dinners which bring diverse people together to share various ethnic foods as a way to build relationships. There are 3 small supper clubs and one larger dinner scheduled.
Horn Pond Summer Concerts
- Provide support to the volunteer concert committee.
- Keep track of potential and confirmed bands and coordinate scheduling.
Supporting other projects
- There are several other SCI Woburn volunteer projects underway, including Volunteers for Seniors and a new mentoring program. These will be primarily managed by other SCI staff but the Project Coordinator may be asked to provide some assistance.
- If the candidate we hire has skills or interest in helping to maintain the SCIWoburn.org website and or social media, that could be added to the list of tasks. Our priority is coordinating the events and related volunteers described above.
- Experience working on community events.
- Highly organized and attention to details.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience coordinating / supporting volunteers would be helpful.
- Connection to the Woburn community and/or experience with AmeriCorps a plus.
- Available to work 15 hours per week, spread over at least 3 weekdays. Actual hours are flexible, but will need to be available for occasional evening meetings / events.
- We anticipate paying an hourly rate between $15 to $17 / hour, depending on experience. The position will average 15 hours per week.
- Although this position will end this summer, SCI anticipates hiring for other positions in 2019. Someone performing well in this position would make a good candidate for other SCI opportunities, if interested.
To apply send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Project Coordinator candidate” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; we seek to fill the position ASAP.
SCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.