The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by increasing volunteerism and providing leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. The goal of the SCI AmeriCorps program is to connect youth with relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites, who are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc.
Members not only serve with other host sites, but they can serve with SCI as well! SCI is currently looking for a Volunteer Outreach Coordinator (VOC) to serve with SCI Woburn. This member will be under the direction of the SCI Woburn Program Manager.
Member responsibilities include:
- Lead ongoing management of the SCI Engaging Volunteers (SERV) network, and lead coordination of annual SCI volunteer initiatives;
- Lead ongoing coordination of Woburn Parent Network (WPN) program and resource offerings;
- Participate in the organization and execution of annual SCI-led community events including: Allyship Month, AAPI Month, Black History Month, Juneteenth, and WorldFest;
- Participate in planning and management of SCI Woburn communications consisting of: sciwoburn.org website management, @sciwoburn social media platforms, and the monthly community e-newsletter.
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach through marketing strategies and civic engagement
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Availability to serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $18,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth $6000+ on successful completion of service
- Progressional development trainings
- Eligible for Free Health Care at a no cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Philip Gordon, Deputy Director)
Or, submit an application through the MyAmeriCorps portal (search “Volunteer Outreach Coordinator” in the Program Name Field)